Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
A non-profit health care agency offering prenatal, family planning and related women’s health services, MFHS is currently recruiting for a Senior Budget Manager for our Administrative office in Wilkes-Barre.
The Senior Budget Manager performs a variety of specialized fiscal functions; prepares supporting documentation and reports and assists the Senior Director of Finance in the budget development and management process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Assist the Senior Director of Finance in the development of individual program budgets and the merger of those budgets into a corporate document.
- Preparation/maintenance of monthly financial statements.
- Monthly variance analysis (actual vs budget) of financial results; review variance analysis with Senior Director of Finance and department managers.
- Assist Controller with month end close process (also serves as backup) ensuring the integrity of the accounting system.
- Ensure accurate and timely invoicing of and cost reporting to funding organizations.
- Ensure expenditure compliance with budgetary limits, contracts, and regulations.
- Monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet account and bank reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of supplemental schedules required during annual external audit.
- Reconcile and record monthly investment activity and update investment summary schedule.
Why Join our Team?
MFHS strives to make every employee’s experience a positive one by promoting a healthy work life balance, offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package which includes:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 3 years of relevant accounting or finance experience required; 5 years preferred
- Excellent analytic and abstract reasoning, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Financial Edge software experience is a plus
Visit www.mfhs.org to learn more about us.
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k company match up to 6% of salary
- No Weekends/No Holidays
- Company Paid Life and Disability